Note: Windows ME does not ship with a webserver; Apache can be installed.
- Apache server is available for Win32 and
has been tested with WebCAT with excellent results.
- Microsoft Windows 95/98 or NT4/2000 with Internet Information
Server (IIS)/Personal Web Server (PWS); all have been successfully tested with WebCAT.
- We have not tried any others, but most web servers that
support CGI should be able to run WebCAT.
Download and Install
- Download WebCAT.exe from the
NIST Web Metrics download page.
- WebCAT.exe is a self-installing executable. Select 'Open' from the Download dialog or
double-click its icon to start the installation.
- Configure your web server:
- to recognize the following locations.
- http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx/WebTools as the location where WebCAT was installed. Set permissions
to allow reading.
- http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx/WebTools/WebCAT/cgi-bin as executable.
- Tips for:
How to access
- The documentation for WebCAT:
- The setup starts at:
where: "hostname" is the domain name of your server
During extraction of the downloaded ZIP file, the following directory structure is created.
'installationDirectory' refers to the directory which was chosen by you in Installation step #2.