Release Notes and Known Bugs
WebSAT is being released as Version 2.0.
WebSAT provides the usability engineer with the capability
to investigate web pages for any potential usability problems.
The changes from Version 1.0 include:
- new interface design
- new design for reporting results
- whole site evaluations
- implementation of IEEE Std 2001-1999 guidelines according to specifications in its P2001/D8.01 Draft
There are some known bugs in this release and they are:
- On occasion, the evaluation results of a web page produced by a single
page evaluation flags something not indicated on the whole site evaluation.
- Implied "breaks" before and after links are not detectable. See
- Use of ActivePerl 5.6.1 builds is problematic for WebSAT's whole site option. If you use
ActivePerl, it is suggested that you use version 5.6.0 build 623 or lower.
Note: WebSAT is a prototype tool for researching usability rules and uses only a subset
of the guidelines available in many commercial packages. Therefore, WebSAT should NOT be used to
test for Section 508 compliance.