Using the FLUD-formatted output files
All output files are stored in subdirectories of the /WebLogs/ directory (folder). This directory contains a
subdirectory for each website that you instrument. For example, the
Demo directory, which is part of the download, shows
that there are 4 subdirectories:
The extension for
FLUD logfiles is .ulog. In this raw form, logfiles are
difficult to understand. WebVIP automatically runs the FLUD
parser on the data files and produces several types of
output that are quite useful.
- /setup contains parameters gathered during the instrumentation of a website.
- /website contains the copy of the website.
- /webstruct contains the files that describe the link structure of the
- /sessions contains subdirectories that correspond to the subjects who perform your experiment. This is where the output files are stored.
- The first is a simple pretty-printed
HTML version. The indents provide the usability engineer with the
ability to quickly identify interesting regions of the output.
second type of output is user-path (.up) data files that are suitable
to use as the input to VisVIP,
a visualization tool. One user-path file is produced for each task that a subject